Information for Seniors
Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
Available for Seniors and recent graduates - Exam can now be taken at any time at various locations. Process is as follows:
- Register with NCEES for the FE exam at the following website: http://ncees.org/exams/cbt/ You will need to register for an account and pay the $225 fee at that time.
- Go to the
Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) website
- To get the application click on 'Professionals (Applications and Forms) on the left, then 'Professional Engineer and Engineer Intern'. Select 'EI Student Exam Application
- Fill out the application completely and bring to the MAE office (Stephanie Vigil) A437, with a check/money order made payable to 'State of Colorado' in the amount of $30. The MAE office informs DORA of your application and interest in the FE exam and will link your application with NCEES. You will be notified by DORA within 2-4 weeks when this is complete and can then proceed with taking the FE exam at the date, time and location that you requested.
- Upon successfully passing the FE exam, you are eligible for a $100 rebate from the University of Colorado MAE office (funds were provided by Dr. Osborne). To receive the $100, the MAE office needs a copy of receipt from NCEES showing your $225 payment at the time of registering and a copy of the NCEES form showing you passed the FE exam. Include your full name and mailing address.
Senior Exit Survey
If you are planning to graduate this semester, you must complete an exit survey (Download
). When you have completed the survey, submit it by email to email@example.com
or drop it off in Osborne A-437.
Effective Fall 2016, seniors planning to gradaute between Spring and Fall 2017 or later may opt for a new "Self-Check" process instead of an in-person senior audit.
They are still required to complete a graduation check at least one semester before the term they intend to graduate.
The following outlines details of the process:
- Students enrolled in Senior Capstone courses will be contacted via email by Advising with information, instructions, and the Graduation Self-Check Form.
- Students will complete the form and email it back to their Academic Advisor (Claire Ami or Nate Raugutt), who will review the information and reply in one of three ways:
Note:, this is currently a pilot program for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Students wishing to complete an in-person Senior Audit may continue to do so by contacting our front desk (719-255-3260).
Also, students who have already completed a Senior Audit require no further action.
Once feedback from students and other stakeholders is received, a decision will be made next summer about changes and how to proceed.
- Approval: Students will be provided instructions for applying for graduation and additional information. No meeting necessary.
- Return for revisions: Student has incomplete/missing information (petitions, missing transfer work, etc.). Meeting optional or rectified via email.
- Request for meeting: For students with significant discrepancies (sequencing, prerequisites, low GPA, etc.), a meeting will be requested to explain the problems and develop a plan to completion.